REMINDER FOR ALL DENTAL APPOINTMENTS
PRE-APPOINTMENT HEALTH SCREENING:
- You will receive an email two days prior advising of your scheduled appointment date and time, and that our pre-appointment health screening questionnaire must be completed on our Patient Portal
- If you cannot complete online, please call us and we will verbally do the screening with you
- Our pre-appointment health screening form MUST BE COMPLETED 24-48 HOURS PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT FOR EACH CHILD SCHEDULED
- Failure to complete this form will result in cancellation of the appointment
PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT DATE:
- Please ensure we have accurate names and mobile phone numbers for you
- If we do not have accurate information you will not receive a text with important information on arrival procedures that must be followed
- We will also need a credit card on file for co-pays and balances due as we will not be doing in office transactions
- Please inform us PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL if you feel you need to accompany your child into the clinical area, as parents are expected to wait in their car during treatment
- All mobile numbers in the account that have text-ability will receive a text message 30 minutes prior to appointment time
- You will be advised to text the number ‘5’ upon arrival – this notifies us that you are here
- If you DO NOT HAVE TEXT ability, call 732-775-1492 #4 to advise that you have arrived – you will need to provide the office location (Avon or Manasquan) and the patient’s name – we will provide instructions
- We will reply by text for you to either ‘accompany your child to the front door’ or ‘wait in your car for further instructions’
- DO NOT APPROACH THE ENTRANCE UNTIL YOU ARE ADVISED TO DO SO
- ALL PATIENTS MUST BE BROUGHT INTO THE OFFICE WITH A PARENT OR GUARDIAN
- Anyone entering our offices MUST HAVE A FACE COVERING
- Please do not bring any unscheduled siblings or infants in a car seat as they will not be allowed into the office
- Upon entering the building temperatures will be taken for you and your child and we will repeat the health screening questionnaire
- We will escort your child to the clinical area, and you will be asked to return to your car, since we are trying to limit the number of people in our offices
- Our doctors may text you during the visit, so please keep your cell phone handy
- You will be notified by text when we are finished and asked to meet your child outside at the EXIT door and we will contact you to schedule any appointments
Thank you for your cooperation as we work to keep you, your families, our staff and communities safe during this time
REOPENING APPOINTMENT PROTOCOL
As we reopen our offices, we are working diligently to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff. We will not risk the health and wellness of anyone during this time. We also must follow guidelines as instructed by the CDC and American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
We ask for your support realizing that our new protocol may be challenging and inconvenient. However, it is critical that we reopen in a manner that supports all guidelines and restrictions to avoid any potential exposure to any of our patients, their families, and our staff.
To avoid in person transactions:
- Please utilize and become familiar with the Patient Portal on our website. We will not be using tablets in our offices.
- All updates to patient history, insurance, consents, and pre-health screening MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE 24 HOURS PRIOR TO SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT. If not completed this may result in rescheduling your appointment.
- In addition to completing online forms, new patients will need to email a copy of a driver’s license, insurance card and credit card prior to appointment.
- We will be asking for a credit card for any co-payments or balances. You will be advised before any charges are made to the card and all information is encrypted in our system.
- We will contact you following your visit to schedule any appointments as needed
Updated Scheduling Protocol:
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: OUR SCHEDULING PROTOCOL IS TEMPORARY AND AS SOON AS IT IS SAFE FOR YOU, YOUR CHILDREN AND OUR DOCTORS AND STAFF, WE WILL RESUME NORMAL SCHEDULING.
- We will be reopening our schedule on a limited basis to urgent dental treatment only to start
- Our doctors will be vetting cases for us to schedule on a priority basis
- We will schedule no more than two siblings per visit for dental treatment
- At the time we reopen our schedule to exams and dental cleanings, we will schedule no more than two siblings at a time. Both children will be seen by the same Hygienist, one after the other – keeping families in only one area of the office. The sibling and parent will wait in the car until the first child is finished.
- We will be adding time to appointments to prevent large numbers of individuals in our offices, allow for social distancing, and time for increased sterilization.
- Although we will do our best, we may be unable to accommodate all requests for a particular doctor or appointment.
- The ENTRANCE to our office is the same. However, we will have an alternate EXIT at each location and will be indicated accordingly.
- All persons entering our offices MUST wear a face covering (except for children under the age of 2)
- Parents of children over Age 6 must remain in their car during appointments
- ONLY the child scheduled will be allowed in the office. Any unscheduled persons (sibling, infant in car seat, friend, or family member) must wait in the car, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Our restrooms will be for employees only. PLEASE plan accordingly before arrival to your appointment.
- All persons entering will have their temperature checked and we will ask health screening questions. Then the child will be escorted by a staff member to the clinical area.
- Upon completion of treatment a staff member will escort the child to the EXIT (which will be marked outside the building and separate from the ENTRANCE).